Sunday, September 7, 2008

Testimony

For Family Home Evening Saki and I had a lesson from Ballard's talk about sharing the gospel using the internet; we decided we would like to do a better job on our blog with sharing our beliefs and joy in the gospel and that we would start by sharing a bit of our testimonies:

Eliz
I would like to let all my family and friends know how grateful I am to belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know that this is the church that Jesus Christ restored to the earth through Joseph Smith and the same gospel that has been around since before Adam and Eve. It is the same church He organized during His earthly ministry with apostles and prophets. I know we are each children of Heavenly Parents and that the principles we are taught in church are true principles that bring joy and peace when they are followed. 
I have a particular testimony that the Lord hears and answers all of our prayers. We knew we were supposed to live in Vernal, and looking back we see how we were able to be blessed and to bless the lives of others there. We felt the same answer of peace about our move to Calipatria, CA. Being able to pray and receive answers is such a strength when one has a decision that will be of lasting importance!
     I am so grateful that families can be together throughout eternity rather than this life only by being sealed in the temple for all time and all eternity and living righteously. Saki and I are so grateful we were able to be sealed in the Salt Lake Temple for time and all eternity and that this sealing extends to all of our children. It is so wonderful to be part of a church who through the revelation to a prophet gives guidance to us and our children applying specifically to the challenges of our day.
     I also have a testimony of the importance of marriage between a man and a woman and each family member's role as it states in "The Proclamation on the Family" Here in California we are working with other churches to emphasize the importance of voting yes on Proposition 8. 
     To close I would like to express my love towards my parents who taught me so much and my brothers who I admire, and my sister in law who I have enjoyed getting to know. I am appreciative of the friendship of many who bring joy to Saki and my life by sharing our joys and sorrows and I hope you all know that you frequent our prayers. 

Saki
Dear family and friends as you have seen, Liz and I felt the importance of sharing our thoughts and feelings of our belief with this medium.  Whereupon, we encouraged  you that you do likewise.  What a great opportunity for us to communicate in such a way and learn about our weekly activities as well as some highlights of the family.  We are grateful for your love and support to us, we can't ask for more.  To hear about your success and strengths has given us hope to move forward, and overcome our own challenges.  We are happy that you all enjoying life to its capacity.  I am reminded of what the Savior said, "If ye are not one ye are not mine".  May we feel the love of our elder brother Jesus Christ and follow his examples, this gospel is true and brings eternal happiness to families.  For those of you not of our faith we thank you for your friendship and hope only to share with you the things that bring us joy.  Till then, God Speed!!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

That was so awesome! I'm gonna have to force suka to sit down for a minute so we can do it-

Anonymous said...

blogs are a wonderful way to teach others! I might be a bit silly on my blog, but I do bring up my testimony as well- imagine where I'd be without the gospel, I am so grateful for it

Two Sisters, Two Brothers... One Very Busy Mother said...

I LOVE when others share their Faith and how Jesus works in their lives. Even though we are of the Catholic Faith and we raise our family according to that church, I have always felt that there are many things that different religions can learn from one another.

For one, I really like the Family Home Evening concept...if only all families designated that special time together each week.

I have also observed some common grounds which are shared in different faiths and am happy that Mormons have a strong stance on modesty. It is not as strictly imposed in the Catholic church, but is an issue many devoted families deal with. Friends of ours have put on modesty fashion shows for teens to encourage them in how it is possible dress appropriate and still be fashionable.