Mere had her year and a half check up, though she's now 1 year and 7 months. She weighs 25 lbs and is 31 inches tall. Robert Glenn had a 3 week check up the same day and is 11 lbs and 13 oz. So he may just catch up to her. . . maybe people will think they're twins like me and my brother :) We are doing very well, though Mere is having a hard time going to sleep lately. She cries hysterically and I don't know what to do...feel free to give advice :) I know she's fine cause the minute you look in at her she stops immediately and starts to talk.
7 comments:
I'm no expert, but Gabriel is usually a really good sleeper until there are changes in his little world. So, with a new baby at home (which means she isn't the center of attention anymore) and moving to a new apartment (have you started nursery yet-that's another big change?) and the fact that she cries until you come in...sounds like a reassurance/attention thing. I've learned to try and take things in stride...everything is a phase with these little ones, so there is a little hope in knowing it won't last forever. :)
Every parent's approach is different, so you might not agree with my approach (which is totally fine), but what I would do is go in and lie her back down (but not pick her up) so that she knows you're there (since you said she stops crying once you come in the room). You might have to stay in the room for a few mintues...and do this little routine a few times a night for a week or two...
If you can stand it (which I never could) there is always letting her cry herself to sleep for the next couple of nights until she realizes crying like that won't bring you guys in there...
Good luck with that! Hope everything else is going well!
We have our check ups for all three kids next week. Not looking forward to it. I hate watching the kids get their shots. My mom is coming with to help. Have you ever read the book Healthy Sleeping Habits Happy Child? It has helped me a lot. I had a neighbor recommend it to me and my doctor recommended it too. It says to put kids to bed earlier and also letting them cry themselves to sleep. You have to read the book to understand it all. It is really hard to let them cry and sometimes I gave in but I have to say it works.
Ty had a hard time sleeping right after Jax was born. He also threw tantrums much more frequently. I started just sitting in his room with him until he would fall asleep. Since he and Jax share a room, I was usually in there nursing Jax anyways. The "crying" method never worked for him. He would get too worked up. I'm sure it's just a phase and will pass soon. Until then . . good luck. :-)
First of all, I really hope Abby doesn't learn to do that from Mere. My sister had the same problem with #1 when #2 was born and found out that #1 felt like she didn't get to tell Mom or Dad everything she wanted to that day (she was 20 months when her sister was born so she babbled more than talked). They would set a timer and she could talk to them on her own until the timer went off. Took a few days of training, but she got used to it. Now that she's 5 they still do it, but now she can tell them up to 5 things at the end of the day and it seems to work. Good luck!
I'm a big fan on the 'go in, lay them down' deal. Kate did this. It's just one of those things- her world has changed and she just needs to know that all the rules (and her Mommy and Daddy) are just the same as always. In a week or two she will settle back down and find a new routine and be your happy girl again.
Go in, tell her "It's time for your nap" or "it's bedtime" and "I love you" softly. Don't smile no matter how cute she is (It's tough- Jack can mug like no other, espically when it's nap time!!) Give her 10 minutes, 15 if it seems like it's becoming a game. the crying is hard to listen to, but you have to keep setting down the line so she'll be well rested.
Love you! Keep plugging!
P.S Thomas' Girl is a cutie!! She looks like a keeper!
We took the twins if for their check up on Monday. They weigh 23 lbs and 21 lbs. I thought for sure they would weigh more than Mere. I still can't believe she was born the day after the twins. And Ashley just had her baby the day before Hazel's birthday.
Post a Comment