Sunday, September 12, 2010

Glenn's 1st Birthday July 2010

Glenn turned one and we wanted to do something traditional Fijian (minus the big meal and so many people) to keep it within our budget. We asked Saki's parents and they were up for a family dinner and delighted us with their celebration--they got the mats and masi cloth out of storage. Since there was not little masi for Glenn to wear Seru wore it on his behalf as he was presented to her. She held him and presented him with a whale's tooth, the most highly prized gift in Fiji. It was such an honor to have them do this for him! Seru presented it as her family status permits her to do so.

Mere and I made a cake in green yellow and red, but the food coloring or cake recipe tasted funny so I made another cake too. I put the balls on it because "ball" was Glenn's first word and his favorite thing to do is throw a ball and chase after it, or give it to you to throw. He will get so excited and laugh and grunt, it's very cute. Mere and I got this tunnel at the "yellow blue store" ie Ikea.

















No comments: