Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fun filled week...

Grandpa was here Monday and Tuesday, though working-Mere and Glenn had fun with him, and maybe I mentioned it before, but Mere kept calling him Uncle Robert. Did a fair amount of cooking and some Christmas stuff this week. Mere and I also made some paper pumpkins and cats to decorate the place-she thought that was neat!

Saturday we went to the Stake temple day in the morning and I've been pining to go to the temple and was excited that they had the young women and some ladies watching the kids so I could go to the temple. Mere had fun and was wearing dress ups when I came back and Glenn-not so much of a crowd person had done well too, but he's funny he kind of wanders with a dazed look when he gets in a big crowd of people he doesn't know. We also went to the temple visitors center and watched some clips on families and Jesus Christ and temples.

Then we got some lunch and went to the park for Mere's first (non-family) birthday party. It was for our neighbor's little girl. Mere loved the cake and was very confused about the pinata. It seemed like she couldn't figure out why your are allowed to hit it, I thought she would get excited but she was kind of looking puzzled. She is a bit of an observer and follower when she's around other children. It's interesting to watch. It's good in that she seems sensitive to others rather than running the show, but she'll need to learn to lead too. I think she's really a lot like me.

Her and Glenn get pretty loud together too. They're having fun, but I wish it was outside not in the house....

I'll put up some photos next week...

Just want to close my post by saying how grateful I am for my amazing wonderful husband. He's my perfect match! I am so happy seeing him serve in the church and that I am sealed to him for all time and all eternity! I am so grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! It brings such joy, strength, comfort, and peace to my life! I love being able to teach my children about Jesus Christ and about how to become like him. I love taking Mere and Glenn to see the temple (thought they can't go in yet). Mere is always asking to go to the temple and go to church. I am grateful for the guidance the church gives in being a family and raising children!

1 comment:

Araignée said...

Cool dress! Can't wait to see you sometime!