Sunday, December 12, 2010

December Updates

Saki and I are trying to become better time users-always so much to do and so little time! REALLY enjoyed our date friday at a mexican restaurant I've been eyeing since we moved out here! It's so pretty and the food was excellent!

Mere-working on memorizing the 1st Article of Faith "We believe in God the Eternal Father and in His Son Jesus Christ and in the Holy Ghost." She is getting a little better at being reverent in church-when she's had a nap, but can get pretty loud and goofy when she's around other kids or doesn't want to sit still. She's very busy and sweet. Into pretend play and this week when my visiting teaching people came by she passed out the cheese croissants (one by one, until everyone had 3 or 4), then gave plates, then asked if they wanted water-it was very cute! All I did was tell her she could give the croissants now! She can be very sweet with Glenn, but gets frustrated to cause he tries to play with her but really ruins what she's trying to build or make. She has an excellent memory and puts things that together very quickly. She loves to jump and "fall." She occasionally gets upset with Glenn for looking out of "her" car window." I love seeing her grow up-I hope to be more patient with her and let grow at her own pace instead of mine. Some books we've been enjoying "Mr. Putter and Tabby" series, Angelina Ballerina, Little Bear, Dr Suess ABC's and non fiction books about animals. Luckily mere doesn't stick to one book over and over-though I know that is good for kids-we get lots of library books-I like variety, so I hope she doesn't get too used to novelty.

Glenn-I think he's a momma's boy. He can get rather clingy, but he's really grown a lot and now enjoys playing with others more-best when he doesn't see me. If he sees me he want to be held or give a hug. I love his habit of coming over hugging and then going back to play!!! He has been in nursery (church class/play for little ones) for some time now and is doing well there. He is a bit louder than he used to be, but it's still for simple things like too tired, hungry, or thirsty (he drinks like a camel). Now he's less content to sit still and squeals when in his carseat or having to sit still too long. He likes exploring and hitting things. He can say more things now-copies phrases and words, but it's mostly the intonation, not well annunciated, kind of odd to me. Like he's making the sounds but no clear consonants maybe: "Its right there" is like "iiss righ ere" He can say "more" clearly and I think he follow's things going on better than he used to. When I say "lets go" he knows to get his shoes and will sometimes get mine and then fuss at the door cause going out is sure exciting until you're buckled in the car... Glenn's the kind of kid who you think of their baby and childhood days very endearingly-he's just soo sweet. I am hoping and thinking he will always stay so loving. He likes books a lot more now. He will grab a book and then come to you and want to sit in your lap and read.

We are enjoying where we live, it has been good to be near Saki's parents and get to know them a bit better. Saki's work is going well-and while we won't be in caregiving forever, we are so grateful for a steady job so we can save up some money, pay off some bills, and just do some things that need to be done. Life can be busy and frustrating at times, but some things just take time. Saki is so patient, and I am really learning patience pays off. The most important thing is seeking and doing the Lord's will. I am so grateful to my little eternal family and for my extended family too! I have been missing my family a lot...and want to send love to them as well as Tima and Jay-we love you! Think of all of you often-though I'm not so good at calling.

No comments: