Sunday, June 5, 2011

Bula!

Mere likes to make an animal condo out of Glenn's parking garage... Here they are in the tunnel, and below some of Saki's family visited from Fiji in March? and I don't remember if I ever posted the photo! They were in town for a wedding reception in Seattle :) and were very kind-fun to meet more family!




So-It's the 1st Sunday of June! Mere and Glenn have been under the weather, but seem to be improving, so Saki stayed home with them while I went to church. I enjoyed teaching (never thought I would enjoy teaching!) sunday school and relief society! I spoke on charity. I love that charity embraces all aspects of the gospel. When we are filled with charity we have a desire to love and serve those around us and do the Lord's will and less focused on ourselves. I think charity is sometimes hardest to feel for those we feel we know best, because we are quick to judge. Our Prophet Thomas S. Monson quoted Mother Teresa saying that when we judge we have no time to love (paraphrase). I showed a clip of his talk.

"Charity, the Savior’s pure love, is the “highest, noblest, strongest kind of love,” which we “pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart” to possess. Elder Dallin H. Oaks teaches us that charity “is not an act but a condition or state of being [one becomes].” Our day-to-day offerings of charity are “written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; … in [the] fleshy tables of [our] heart[s].” Little by little our charitable acts change our natures, define our characters, and ultimately make us women with the courage and commitment to say to the Lord, “Here am I; send me.” CHARITY: ONE FAMILY, ONE HOME AT A TIME ANNE C. PINGREE


Here's some videos of when Jay's family (Saki's brother) came to visit....and one of Glenn-I need a fitting one of Mere. Once you pull out the camera they act different....

No comments: