Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Les Vacances. . . Enfin!

Saki finally got some time off-Friday through Monday, so we had an excellent time driving up and relaxing with Saki's parents. We were also able to enjoy time together when they watched Mere for us, very nice! I love traveling with Saki-he's fun and relaxed and up for any whim.

I'd been eying this puppy for Mere and finally got it for $1.25 in an after Valentine sale!

Cooking breakfast with dad.

View from the Oakland temple-way up on a hill. We went to the temple while Saki's parents watched Mere. It is a gorgeous temple, it made me think of what a Nephite temple may have looked like.

Oakland temple

I loved the front mural of Christ teaching His disciples. . .

Front view from parking lot. It is always so peaceful to be with Saki in the temple :)

CHINA TOWN Fun museum in a little room with random artifacts from around the world.


Hats we tried on when the rain was pouring outside.


Sunday dinner :) We had a broadcast from SLC encouraging California members to continue strengthening the stakes where they live.

Singing a traditional Fijian song with grandma and grandpa

Tua and Nau


On the way home we were excited to be able to see Kristin who is working as a nanny in CA!

Singing again. . . Cute dress from our friend :)




Our kitten is now a preteen!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you were pregnant! you look really good!

Pacers said...

I'm echoing Saskia here - I thought you were pregnant? I see no belly. Looks like you had a great time though. I love the Oakland temple too - it was the temple that my ward attended until the dedication of the Reno one in 2000. So, my first experiences in the temple were in the baptistery there. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for card it was nice to hear from you. I can't believe how big your baby is. Sounds like you had fun.