Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Home Tag

I like to see where people live and how they decorate :) So in this tag you take a photo of the outside of your home or apt and at least two rooms in the house, and tell us a little about them. For additional motivation-it's fun for your kids to have photos of the place they grew up in an album or scrapbook!

I tag Jessie, Carlye, Shannon, Ursala, Steph, Michelle,
Mary, Jennifer and anyone else interested.

I like to decorate as my creative outlet, but with tight finances it ends up being decorations with what I have on hand, so it's not always what I wish it was, but I still have fun doing it. Luckily I have lots of fabric and thanks to my mom I can sew!


The outside of our apt, we live on top. Then you can see down the street (much of Calipat doesn't look this nice!)

Master bath with my Indian tree of life. Kitchen/dining room.

Living room-a little hard to see the colors, as the only lighting is a lamp and the window, which messes with my camera's focus. That is Fijian Masi in on the wall, made from bark and painted with stencils. The couches are slip-covered in chocolate brown, since Saki isn't a fan of black and I like to have a color that can match all the random holiday decor/pillows I may want to do. The little bookshelf is a big one that broke in half during our move :) The dresser with the TV (actually we don't have tv, but we use it for movies--thanks Tai :) was spray painted by Thomas and Lisa so it would match my bookshelves, I like to have things match, it makes Saki shake his head.

Mere loves fish, so her bathroom and room have a fish theme, and our friend gave us some fish shower curtain holders which matched perfectly!

Mere's room (notice the photo Thomas?) and the baby's future room/storage room which is in progress. Can you guess my favorite color from Glenn's room?

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I love your shower curtain!! and I like to have things match too, though you certianly can't tell from our house! We're decorated in what I like to call 'Make It Do' :c) I'm a bad friend and need to call you!!! But then, you're used to having this deadbeat friend in FL... Kate has really taken to horse riding (well pony for her size) Luckily we have a family with horses and a daughter just a little older than kate (the dad/ owner has been plotting for Kate to be his daughter's barrel racing partner since Kate was born. Good thing they are such good people!!! They are too cute together- two little blondies) And Kate has the 'fever' she asks about riding every. single. day.
I guess I should email instead of threadjack... ::blush:: oopsie.
Anyway I love it, sure wish we were closer!!

Carlye said...

Your house is so cute! I am excited to do this tag. . .I just need to clean my house first. :-)