Sunday, September 6, 2009

Wild weather. . .

To those of you who don't know, Calipatria is in the 110-120 range daily. Winter is only about 3 months of 65-80 degree weather and whole year we've been here there has been less than 7 days of rain! It is a little humid, partly due to lots of farming and the fact we live in a basin a bit below sea level. . .

This past week the humidity has gone up and the wind has been whistling and there have been power outages (because of the hurricane/tropical storm in Mexico). We went to church and had an amazing fast and testimony meeting but classes were canceled since the building was running on a generator and it was very warm inside. I just have to say how much I love our ward members-there are so many faithful and loving people and I love to hear their stories on fast and testimony Sundays!

I just learned how to do the embedded videos and wanted to share these with all of my friends and family who read our blog :)




No comments: