Today was fast Sunday, for those of you who don't know the first day of every month in our church we fast 2 meals and give the money we would have used (or more) to the church for the needy. Having been pregnant and nursing I haven't fasted for some time, and was grateful to be able to participate today. It really is a strength to be able to fast with your spouse for something you are both discussing and praying about. I also enjoyed the testimonies shared today (on fast Sunday anyone who wishes can go up to the pulpit and bear testimony to the church). The Lord is mindful of each of us as individuals and I am so grateful for the tender mercies He provides.
Tender Mercies
I also can't resist stating how much I love and appreciate my husband. He is mindful of my weaknesses and loves me how I am. I am so grateful to have someone who often knows me better than I know myself and who has strengths in all the areas I am weak. I cannot express in words how much I love him and how much his presence gives me hope and comfort! He is truly my soul mate and we are striving to live worthy of being together for eternity.
On that note I am SOOO excited for the upcoming marriage of my brother Thomas to my soon to be sister Lisa! After having been married and I glow in anticipation of their shared joys with each other! Marriage and family is a central part of Heavenly Father's plan for us! Here is their blog http://www.lotsaoxen.com/
And sorry-no photos, our camera is broken :( so no idea when we will get a new one. . .
1 comment:
I have a really hard time getting through church without eating because of the pregnancy, so during class I tried to quietly eat some fruit snacks. Not many people know I am pregnant yet so I am sure I looked awful eating in the middle of class on a fast sunday.
Post a Comment