Sunday, March 27, 2011

5 Year Wedding Anniversary :)


Our 5 year wedding anniversary was this Friday! It's funny how kids and time change some things while other things remain the same. We have both grown so much. I have learned so much of my weaknesses and am constantly learning his strengths!

My top 5 favorite things about him are

1. Active in our church-to those of you who are members, you know all this entails!!!
2. Ability to be patient with others-I can count on one hand the times he has corrected my actions. He gives me the space to do what I do and change at my own pace. If only I could do the same for him :P
3. Empathetic (good listener goes hand in hand with this)! It is a gift to be able to put yourself in another's shoes. Saki is able to do this :)
4. Easy going! Saki is one of the kinds of people anyone can relax and have fun around! That's one of the things that drew me to him, because I'm not the type to relax around others.
5. Humorous-he can make me laugh and smile!

Marriage between and a women is such a beautiful thing! Even having 3 brothers I never realized the differences between men and women as much as I have being married and even having a boy and a girl child. I had no idea-but I have also learned it is a wonderful and complementary thing! I love it!



We had a hard time with the photo timer/holding the camera ourselves...
Yesterday we saw a rainbow from our front window. I love where we live, but like anywhere else, other houses, power lines etc bother me...but it was beautiful and Mere and Glenn liked it too! This week I also saw a rainbow touching the ground for the first time that I can remember. It was from a distance but it was bright and clearing touching the hill! I was tempted to drive closer! Can you tell it's been raining a lot here?

I wanted to focus a little on doing "work" together as a family. So for Family Night we cleaned the kitchen cupboards. Mere and Glenn enjoyed it much more then their day to day chores (picking up toys, clearing the table). As you see in the photo Mere decided the flour bucket was dirty too-and Glenn copies what she does in almost everything...



Wearing Tua's (Grandpa's) glasses. . .
I've been trying to spend some one on one time with Mere when Glenn starts his nap-here we are playing cootie bugs or as she calls it "Kuri" bugs after her friend Kuri :P

Glenn likes playing and trying to lay down in Mere's doll bed...

ST PATRICKS DAY

I didn't have any green food that sounded better than the pizza in my freezer (I get random cravings for pizza...) and so we had pizza and broccoli for dinner, but for dessert we had a special rainbow cake. Mere helped me mix the cake and all 6 rainbow frosting colors while Glenn took his nap. For once they enjoyed the decorating even more than the eating!

Like many holiday St Patricks day was originally a religious one. St Patrick did a lot to introduce Christianity to those living in Ireland. He supposedly taught that the shamrock stood for the trinity. God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. While we (being LDS/Mormon) do not believe in the trinity we do believe that God the Father and Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost are one in mind and purpose, while separate in body and being-I think the shamrock illustrates this well!



1 comment:

Sarahtheswede said...

Happy Anniversary!!! <3 <3 <3