Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ready for California!

Friends and family, we are moving! We are moving to Calipatria, CA which is about 2 hours inland from San Diego, it's farming country and smaller than Vernal, but Brawley which is 10 minutes away is about the size of American Fork and El Centro is even bigger, so we will be closer to big town amenities but enjoying the hot desert heat--after july and august :) I am so excited to be able to garden and be closer to the beach and my brother and his wife (who are doing an internship for about 3 months), Saki's parents, and Saki's brother and his family, and some friends :). We leave Sunday evening to SLC to visit some friends and then are off for real on Monday, if all goes as planned... Saki is hoping to transfer with the same company and we are exercising faith that since we have prayed and felt so at peace about the move that all will go well with this job or any other opportunity that comes up. Below you see Meresiana getting ready for the sun and to the delight of her mother she has learned how to use a sippy cup (she hates bottles) so we can make less frequent stops on the road (and have happier babysitters).

4 comments:

Brittany said...

WHAT!?!?!?!? I'm freaking out! I didn't know you guys were thinking about going anywhere! Hopefully it will be a wonderful move for you guys, but we will miss seeing you (even though it's hard even now to see you that often!). Hopefully we'll see you soon...

Anonymous said...

UGH! I should have seen you before you left!

AubGoofy said...

Can't believe you are moving. Elma told me you were going. I hope all is well. Please keep in touch. I miss talking to you. By now you are probably all ready in CA. Your daughter is so cute and getting so big.

Anonymous said...

ahhh, I miss you already. Darn that I didn't say bye. I wish you the best in your journey!