Sunday, October 19, 2008

Eggless Cookies

So I need to remember to take my camera when we go out, we went to a birthday party yesterday for our neighbors little girl in a nice park-they have 3 cute girls who live in our complex and they also have the most adorable puppy dog! We stake conference today and yesterday and in between Mere had fun crawling on the spongy grass at the park by the stake center. Saki and I enjoyed being together-he hasn't been on call for quite a few weekends and he's so fun to hang out with : )

  

little sailor girl is having fun exploring our house, but I think she gets bored at home sometimes...

  

Here's a tasty eggless oatmeal cookie recipe for those of you who don't have eggs in the fridge when you want cookies, or who don't like spending lots of money on eggs. 

1 C butter
1 C brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
BLEND the add
1 1/2 C whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
BOIL 1/4 C water (can do in the microwave), dissolve 1 teaspoon baking soda in it
ADD 2 C oats and if you'd like raisins, choc chips etc. 
BAKE at 350 for about 5 minutes-I added more oatmeal, the cookies are a bit crumbly but are tasty : )

1 comment:

Two Sisters, Two Brothers... One Very Busy Mother said...

She has such big, experessive eyes...love them.

I will try your cookie recipe for sure. Sounds good. I am going to give you that pumpkin choc. chip muffin recipe soon and I would love to have the sweet potato muffin recipe that I helped you make when we were like 10 if you still use it. I will try not to put 1c. of salt in rather than 1tsp. this time! Do you remember that disaster?!